Friday, August 29, 2008

The fall heard around the world


Steups, minding my damn business today waiting for a friend to finish a test. Decide to go check out a store in Royal Palm Plaza, except the store was on the other side of the parking lot. Small ting, let me stand on this foot high wall, hold my son's hand and hop down the very short frigging step. Nooooooo of course not, it couldn't be that simple. I couldn't just start the day right. NAH...BUDDDUP!! I miss step and you know that second where you think you not going to fall? That second where you tell yourself 'phew boy that could have been embarassing'. The second where you think 'what happened there boy?'. Well during that second I found my ass in the gravel of the parking lot. WTF! How-in-the-hell-could-I-fall.

So now I am trying to pick my ass up off the ground and I hear 'MUMMYYYYYYY!! You threw me down!' and lying next to me on the ground is my child, whose hand I was holding at the time. So not only did I embarass myself but my child too who is looking at me in this accusatory tone. Then he starts to howl. Then I start to feel bad, when I realize his mouth has a little bruise and well he's dirty as all hell because we were both just lying in the gravel and dewy dirt of the flecking parking lot. Wonderful.

As if I wasnt embarassed enough, as if the crying guilt trip didnt really cut it, after we are all cleaned up and chilling in the car I am hearing that little boy on the backseat looking through the back window talking to a truck that is perilously close to the short wall of death and he's saying 'Careful Mr. Truck, careful... you might fall.' Then I hear him mumble 'Like us' and I swear I saw him glare at me.

3 comments:

IslandGirl said...

ROFL!!! Even funnier the second time around.. LOLOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

....yuh throw down the poor chile!

Anonymous said...

lol lol lol .... only you...