Thursday, April 12, 2007

God will save me

I know I know, I'm a slacker. I haven't posted in a while. I think I keep wanting to write essays when I have many little nuggets I can drop like this one.

So last month sometime small man comes and tells me 'Mummy, God will save you, you know.' So of course I was like 'What?!!?' because he comes with the weirdest, most unrelated things sometimes, for example, right after that he told me he bought an alien in the goocery (grocery). So I ask him what he meant by that. So he said 'Mummy, when I am a bad boy, God will save you'. So I say well yes...either he just get an epiphany from the man above or he heard his grandma say something about only God being able to save 'dat child' and he decided to repeat it. In any case I decided that if anyone know who could save me from that child when he misbehaving it would be him. So I say I will take that one to heart because musse only God could save me for real.

Fast forward to this week. He comes again and asks me to read the 'God will save me book'. So I am back to being confused. He goes to his room and brings back this book on the 23rd Psalm that I read to him once before a long time ago that talks about how you don't need to be afriad because God will always be there for you and bam...there on page 10 'God will save you'.

See how they remember every little thing? Sit there and think they doh understand and they can't extrapolate and relate. I really need to watch my mouth some more around him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, and very true (that they remember everything).
That's why I get upset w/ my 4yo when he pretends he can't remember to spell a word or something related to his academics (but he could remember things I told him "when I was 3" his words).

JayJayGhatt said...

ditto. these kids are brilliant sponges with memories of elephants. what a cute story. glad to see this post. yes, please keep the lil nuggets coming!

Skettleton said...

Natasha...isn't it amzing though how they CAN remember all sorts of little nonsense but seem to honestly mix up their colours or letters. Hmmmm

Thanks JJ...i have some more for you this week.