Friday, June 15, 2007

Ingrate

So this morning, we had an accident in our bed, our Mummy changed us, changed our sheets, gave us a hug then because we're so grateful for all her love and attention we proceeded to let her know that we didn't like her anymore. Just so, Dry so.

' Mummy I thought I don't like you any, I only like my Daddy'.

Times like this I does want to put the disclaimer from here on my blog. Because really...that is me eh, all this nice flowery fun stuff...not me 65% of the time. The people who know me, know this. Newho, this comment came on a not so great morning. So I didn't handle it too well. I am still quite bitter about it actually. This is as opposed to a few weeks ago when he told his daddy that he liked him better than Elliot (his friend from school) but he liked Elliot better than Mummy. This is to my face he said this, the little ingrate didn't wait til I left the room to say this. That time I almost laughed. But not so much. This time, 6 hours later I'm still bitter about it and didn't take it too well, I actually told him not to talk to me then since he doh like me so much. Poor child get confused one time, start speaking in full sentences all of a sudden. Please and thank you like he's supposed to , shoes on the correct feet, tried to help me put on my clothes, reminded me to put on my work id that I never wear. And I didn't feel bad for telling him that. I may remove that sentence later on when I calm down. Maybe I'm calming down already. Somebody reminded me this morning that he doesn't know what he was saying and I was about to respond that he knows what he likes and doesn't like. Then I remembered that he likes ketchup by Aunty Joy but he doesn't like ketchup with me. Matter of fact, he likes everything everywhere else but with me. Are we detecting a pattern here? This behavior also reminded me of his behavior with Grandma, who I am convinced he's in love with. I pulled up in front her house last week and I think he started to hyperventilate, he start to pelt himself all over my back seat with glee. I was in shock for about 2 minutes while he was carrying on. Then I took him out the car and he walked right by her, mumbled something that sounded like 'Aye woman' and kept on moving.

Steups, if this is love...

Just to prove that I do indeed still like my child, I jumped through some hoops to figure out how to post these audio links. These are his versions of some well known Nursery Rhymes:

Remix

Remix2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Miss Lady, you let a whole month pass and it had to take you gettin pissin' vex wid de boy fuh you to post?! Hmph! Try yuh bes' eh!

Is so dey stop. My little one will push me away with a loud, emphatic "NO-O!" if I ask for a kiss but will NEVER refuse her father. (After coming to that realisation following our brief experiment I totally wanted to tell her to haul she tail and go by she father). She also gives me way more trouble. But, how come she only comes to ME for "up"? (And she's a regular "Hannah" eh). And how come when she wakes up in the middle of the night is "mummy" and not daddy she calls for?

Doh worry, in crunch time, when it matters most, the number one person is MUMMY regardless of what they say. We run tings!

Anonymous said...

oh lord...how many times have I told you that the two of you have a Louis and Stewie relationship..just get used to it! He is really not on you though eh!..just kidding!
nah but seriously..it's what they go through at that age twds the parent of the opposite sex and as he gets older you will see the difference...he will fire bun daddy and gravitate more twds you mummy. Btw please remind the little man that I'm coming home on Saturday and I'll be taking him for ice cream.

Skettleton said...

I know eh 'rah, I'm very slack. I realize is a post a month and I'm trying to be accepting of that :S

Trust me I does sit back and think of all the fellas I know I wonder if at this age they treated their mothers like this because yuh know man like dey mother! I need to record hi mand his father now for real yes because in time to come when he going through his 'my daddy and I are too different and we don't get along phase' he will be shocked to see how he was a real daddy's boy and how every damn ting is 'My daddy say...' and 'My daddy this...' steups.

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Oh yeah I agree with 'rah a WHOLE month with nothing? steups

You sound like my sister in law hehe.

Natasha C said...

I agree w/ rah that when it's crunch time they go to Mummy.

And FINALLY, on the post. lol

JayJayGhatt said...

i can relate. my youngest is a total daddy's boy and it used to hurt my feelings, but i can't be greedy cause my first is such a momma's boy i figure my hubby deserves he own chile.

ditto on the lapsing in posting... i see your tactic is to "keep em waiting and wanting more" tee hee.

JayJayGhatt said...

i tagged you over at mischiefmakers. play along if you wish.