Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sharing is Caring...or fighting

Why all my headings is always the opposite of what the ting supposed to be. No means yes, sharing means not sharing. So we had a sharing issue yesterday. En is using the music player, JD wants it Naowwww. Then he start to bawl and run and act de bottom because I say he will get it after. So he get send in his room. Yeah ok...he not staying there. So my new thing to do with him is to show him that 'Hey mummy not going to get frustrated, nor am I going to shout, nor am I going to ask you over and over to do the same thing. You will stay where I tell you and if you try to move I will hold you and by the way , you not stronger than me, so you can fight and I will whistle a happy tune out loud, then you will get tired but by then I might be so internally irritated you might just go straight to your bed so go ahead. This has worked the last few times. He calms down because he wants to go play, we have a chat then he goes quietly and sits wherever I tell him. Not yesterday. Ohhhh nooooo...a good 45 minutes I holding this child. And when I say hold I don't mean in any rock-a-bye baby hold eh. Is more a trap, between meh legs, with his arms by his side. Anyhow so that he can't get away. Because clearly I have nothing to do. Then to get me more vex I realize but wait, he standing in one spot, I holding him there, he bawling WHILE he watching America's Next Top Model. I could barely hear Tyra Banks but he well watching the show and making sure to keep up the noise and the struggle. Buhwhade...steups.

He finish that cry in his bed, and fall asleep sitting down because it would have been against his principles to actually lie down like i said and sleep. So he sit down and sleep instead. 3 yrs old. Imagine if he was a girl what I would have to deal with when she becomes an obstinate teenager. Thank God for small mercies?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 boys 3 & 4 so I know what yuh saying.

But they say girls easier at this age, and then theboys easier as teens.

I can only hope.

JayJayGhatt said...

i was just saying the other day to myself, "girls are not this physically draining" My word!

Skettleton said...

Ladies that is what I sit and be grateful for. I say i know if i had a daughter like this, as a teenager she would be aw.ful. I am not sure I can handle a teenage daughter who was anything like i was. I might have to put a 14 yr old out the house or something. I figure boys always always love mummy more than anything and i thank God for that yes.

afro chic said...

My boys are 8 going on 18 and 6 going on 26 and the older one reaches me just under my chin.

People does always ask meh when "ah going fuh de girl"...
I must be look like I mad.

JayJayGhatt said...

hahahaha! afrochic! yuh look like yuh couda reaaaaaal handle dem boys too! God know what he doing! LOL!

right after reading this post yesterday, i mean immediately!! i had my own troubles putting my youngest to bed and i blogged about it. check it. :)

Skettleton said...

Afro, i was JUST about to ask you that same ting...lol

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

I feeling sad I have no contribution to make yet... :(

That sadness lasted like 2 seconds lol, I love all the mommy stories but I am not ready to be a mommy just yet.

afro chic said...

Me and my two boys good yes.

Even though my younger son (B) wants a sister so that he can be a big brother, the older one (N) not on dat. He say he doh want no sister and he already have a brother.

JayJayGhatt said...

i always wanted a big brother. i know. i know. it's too late. it would be weird to adopt one from Africa, huh? LOL!

Skettleton said...

It wouldn't be weird to adopt someone, whoever you adopt wouldn't be a 'big' brother though...lol maybe to the boys :S

Anonymous said...

"People does always ask meh when "ah going fuh de girl"...
I must be look like I mad."

LOLOLOLL! Meh great granny always used to say NEVER trust ah girl chile. They would watch yuh innocent-so STRAIGHT in yuh face while doing the exact OPPOSITE of what they are swearing against...LOL.

Don't feel badly Sarce, I'm no mummy either and I'm fine with it. I feel God does know what he/she is doing cuz' I'd be one of those mums who'd like to EXPERIMENT wid she chirren..Yuh know, like yuh want to misbehave? Yuh want to get orn? Let's play ah game called "National Pride". Ah go hog tie de pickney and then run dem up ah flagpole and see how far de chile could go. If they ask me what fun is in it for them, I go say none whatsoevah. Meh and meh husband go well and laff at allyuh fresh self up dey while singing de "Star Spangled Banner". Followed by ah rousing rendition of "Lift Every Voice and Sing". Let 'em get some practice tuh pledge allegiance fuh de school assembly. I feel de neighbors would mek meh ketch ah jail b/c ah meh chirren, yes.

The unborn shall remain innocent until proven guilty by birth....

JayJayGhatt said...

i see this alow..what is is this

:S

???

first, I think it is a nose, then i say, no no, it's a woman with a big bamsey whinin on the colon or the last letter of the sentence...

i've seen :) and :+) and ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh gorm! Allyuh bound to show off wid allyuh boy chirren? I have 2 girls. Pray for me, my sisters.

afro chic said...

JJ this :S or this :? is like a screwpan or a twissup face.